Saturday, November 23, 2013

Snickerdoodle French Toast

This is going to be two posts in one...aren't yous lucky??! :)

I made Snicker-doodle Bread on Thursday night.  My closest friend and co-worker had to be at work on Friday at 6:00am so I decided it would be best to bring her (and everyone else that had to be there that early) a little pick-me-up first thing in the morning.  What better way than with some bread :)  I ended up having about half a loaf left so, I decided that instead of letting the bread go to waste, that I might as well try and put it to some good use.  Hence the Snicker-doodle French Toast.  Let me tell you, it was some of the best french toast I've ever had!  Even my hubby loved it and he isn't that big of a French Toast fan.




So, here is the recipe for the bread.  I don't remember where I found it.  All I know is that I love it and never want to lose this recipe.

Snickerdoodle Bread

2 1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup sour cream or plain/vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips/chunks

Topping:
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease two 9 x 5 loaf pans.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.  In a larger bowl, cream together butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy - about 2 minutes.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Add vanilla and sour cream or yogurt and mix until combined.  Add flour mixture stirring until just combined and then stir in the White Chocolate.

Spoon batter into two 9 x 5 greased loaf pans. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the batter in the pans.  Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a crack in the center of the loaf comes out clean.  Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

Eat warm with some butter and enjoy!! :)

Some notes:
**I used a block of White Chocolate and I kinda shaved the chocolate into small pieces.  The smaller pieces pretty much melded into the batter, which I thought was awesome and made the bread even better.  Of course the chips are pretty awesome, so if you only have the chips, don't worry, because they are just as good
***I also put some pecans on the top of one of the loaves.  Oh my, this was amazing.  The pecans ended up toasting on the top which gave the rest of the loaf an amazing taste.  Next time I make this bread, I am going to toast some pecans before hand and put them directly into the dough rather than just on top.

Now...on to the French Toast!

Ok, honestly, making this french toast isn't that much different from making most other french toasts.  I combined two eggs and about 1/2 cup of milk.  Once combined, I coated each side of a slice of the snicker-doodle bread and put the coated bread on a heated frying pan with about 1 tablespoon of butter. 



 Cook normally and once browned/crisp on either side, serve them up :)  I put maple syrup on my pieces, but honestly, there was no need for it at all - thats how good this french toast is (haha, I got a tad impatient with my pieces and may have slightly burned them).



I hope you are all having a fantastic night and weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum!! That bread sounds amaaaazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete