Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Love...

"Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly"
                                                                                                                                     ~ Sam Keen

This is one of my most favoritiest quotes. 

I sometimes think we can get so caught up in what we think Love is or how it should look like or feel like that we miss the biggest picture of all.  Love, to me, is a choice that i make daily.  I wake up every morning and i choose to love my fiance...not because of what he can do to me, or for me or with me or the things he says to me, but i love him for who is now.  I accept his past for what it is...his past because quite frankly your past helps shape your future.  If it wasn't for his past he wouldn't be the man that he is today and he wouldn't be the man of God that he is.  Yes, we are both working on our relationship with God, but in the end our relationship will be the most beautiful thing because of our mutual love of God first and then our love for each other. It seems like to me, that people go into relationships thinking "what can I get out of this" and really you should be thinking "what can i do for you".  Its all about being selfless.  Good grief, i know i have a lot to learn about relationships and what my role is going to be in a marriage relationship, but if can all get one thing down we will be golden...ok really like 2 things down.  They are:
1. Our relationship with God is priority over everything else
2. Choose daily to love your spouse and to take the good and the bad and remember things happen for a reason and that we need to trust God with everything.  He knows what he is doing and my how easily we all forget that.
Wow, I've gone on quite the little tangent haven't I? haha :)  Thanks for reading it all the way through!

So in other news, our engagement photos are this weekend!  I am so stinking excited!  Its going to be such a fun time and my friend, Jayma, is taking the photos and let me just tell you.  She is amazing at them. and when i say amazing...i mean it.  Like, i just love them. hahaha!  She is actually going to be coming back in July to take our wedding photos, which is just so amazing and i am so honored she is willing to fly all the way back here for the wedding.  So awesome! 

Ok, well, thanks for letting me ramble on and on...i appreciate it! :)  Have a fantastic day!

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment