Friday, August 6, 2010

The Beginning

Hey Everyone!
Ok, this is the first time I have ever, and I do mean ever written a blog before.  I'm excited...this is going to be a fun way to keep my family (ok, really my sister) in the loop of things happening in my life and as a way to just share some funny stories.  Because lets be honest here some stories of life you just have to share : )
I'm not going to promise that I will stay on top of writing on here nor will I apologize (too often that is) for not blogging like I should : )  This will be a slow process as I get into the swing of things : )

So weekend plans...got any fun ones? 
I actually do!  My dear co-worker has decided that I need a break from all the drama (and yes, it is mostly boy drama...but I do have to say thats the worst kind) in my life and so she has given me the keys to her Cabin for the day!  How exciting is that?! My dear friend, Charity, is going to come up with me and we are going to have a day of relaxing, floating the creek and doing really whatever we want to do.  Its gonna be great!

Quick story before I log off:
Luke Bryan...ever heard of him?  If you haven't, take a break from reading this right now and google his name.  Its ok, my story can wait, because you need to see what he looks like and possibly listen to one of his songs...preferrably "Country Man", "Rain is a good thing" or "Do I" (those are my favs of the moment).  Let me preface this story by saying, I, throughout my entire growing up and beginning of my adulthood, have hated country music...I do repeat I hated it.  Not the case anymore...something has happened within and I find myself turning to the country stations (and yes, there are like 3 in this town alone not to mention I have satalite radio so I have an additional 5 or so to listen to) buying country CD's and actually being able to sing along to random country songs as I walk through the store.  A new phase has come into my life and I am proud to say I am excited for this new phase of music :)  So, back to Luke Bryan.  He came to our State Fair that we had this past week.  I was excited to see him and have been planning on it for like 3 weeks and then the day came and it was finally time to go see this amazingly handsome man.  We were driving up to where the fair was being held, getting all excited to go and see him and then this random truck with a boat hitched to it turns in front of me when it was clearly marked he was not allowed to do so.  So, me, being the most polite driver ever (yeah...right) yelled, Hey Idiot, its clearly marked to not go there!!! (thankfully windows were rolled up and no one could hear me but my poor friend who was stuck driving with the physco blonde that evening).  So we get our parking spot and are totally pumped for the concert...and wouldnt you know it, crazy boat man re-appears and this time I get a good look at the man.  I stare and I gasp "oh my gosh are you serious"...turns out the so called "idiot" was our beloved Luke Bryan.  I felt so ashamed...my mouth got the best of me again.  And its not like he really knew I called him that, but seriously...I couldnt believe it.  So after being utterly ashamed and getting made fun of by my dear friend, we walked into the concert arena and had a great night!  I couldnt believe how much fun we all had!  He is a great entertainer...he not only sings but he can move (and when I say move, I mean it...gotta love the dancing) and he has a great sense of humor.  Totally a triple threat!  We ended the night by walking around the fair and food area and looking at all the youngsters we like to call "Jail Bait".  Then went home and had sweet dreams of Luke Bryan singing and somehow me ending up fishing...dreams, they can be interesting. 

I hope yous all have a fantastic weekend and I will check back in Monday...hopefully full of some fantasticly funny stories :)

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment