Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ninja Jessie takes on the car

Hello Blogging Friends!

(Yes, the title makes sense as you read along, haha)
Sadly, the weekend is over...but great news...IT WAS A FUN ONE! :)

Friday night was fun to say the least (well other than the fact that I went to Wal-Mart on a Friday night and it was crazy...needless to say, I was a very grumpy jessie when i got home).  We ended up watching "Date Night" and my goodness I laughed so hard I was almost crying...so good...you totally need to see it






Saturday was actually rather uneventful during the day.  I just laid around and watched:




Woo Hoo!!!!

I watched all 3, I do repeat, all 3 of the original movies this weekend.  Gosh, I love them.  There is nothing like Han Solo and Chewbacca or Yoda and Luke and Darth Vader and just everyone!  Dahh!!!  Totally had such a great day watching them.  That night I got my butt in gear and went to the last night of DownPour.  It was uh.maz.ing.  My goodness, so much stinking fun!  KJ52 was a blast and then Newsboys came out!  Dahhh!!!  So much stinking fun!  Michael Tate is the new lead singer for the group and they re-did "Jesus Freak" (for those of you who don't know, it is a DCTalk song) and it was awesome!  We were jumping and screaming and just loving on Jesus and it was just fantastic!  A GREAT way to end the concert!

Sunday was busy as always.  I had worship this week (I'm on the worship team for our church) and we only had 1 service this week so we could go to church in the park.  (Its where a bunch of churches get together to have a service together). Its fun, but distracting as all get out.  Then I went home and made bread (pesto and then regular) and some cookies.  I then proceeded to finish watching Star Wars because where I just happened to have left off on Saturday was where I picked up from on Sunday (they were having a marathon on Spike).  I was so impressed and really excited.  So I baked and then decided a nap was due...I'm fighting this stupid head cold and all I need want is sleep and more sleep.  So I took a little nap until my very nosy alert dog decided it was time to get up and so decided to bark at everything that went by.  My friend (Charity) came over and the Roomie (aka Erica) and Charity and I decided to run to Target (the best store EVER) and then go rent a movie.  In the midst of getting to Target Charity thought it would be the best idea ever to re-teach me how to drive a stick shift. Panic somewhat ensued on my part (remind me to someday tell you the story of me trying to drive a stick for the first time...rather hilarious) but then I decided it could be fun.  It was.

First...I couldn't really get the car started...granted I only stalled it once, but it would jerk forward and then away we would go...shifting in between the gears is easy-peasy.

Second...reversing is crazy!  My friends call me "Ninja Jessie"...why?  You might just want to ask them...but in the midst of Charity being proud of me for getting it so quickly she said something about "Ninja Jessie".  Well, right when she said that i zoomed off in reverse...let me tell you, it was hilarious...her timing couldn't have been any better.

Third...I need more practice.  Granted, I got it pretty well but I still need to do it more often and not just in the COT parking lot.

All in all, a fun weekend...with tons of laughs and good times with friends.

Ok, I'm off now...Bye!!

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment